Saturday 1 June 2013

Jourdan Dunn graces the June-July issue of Russh Magazine


One of my favourite models at the moment Jourdan Dunn graces the June-July issue of the British magazine "Russh". Fashion editor Gillian Wilkins selected looks from labels such as Calvin Klein, Jean Paul Gaultier, Ksubi and J.W. Anderson for the model and I must say I am in love. The feature is very throwback and doesn't "try too hard" if you know what I mean? She looks uber stylish but also very natural. I love how the shoot captures her youthful yet sophisticated nature; the black and white as well as the bold splashes of colour and print. There aren't a lot of shoots that have been done lately that capture women of colour in a non "tribal" setting and I appreciate the minimalist feel of the styling.This cover screams "I'm a beautiful black woman and I'm proud"! Here are my favourite pictures from the shoot. Although this magazine isn't found in South Africa, I just thought I'd share.

source: http://fashiongonerogue.com/
                                                         






xx

No comments:

Post a Comment