Saturday 8 June 2013

Clover Canyon Resort 2014

I recently did some perusing of some newer designers and found this uber cool designer. Designed and produced in Los Angeles, the Clover Canyon collection reflects the "eclectic, joyful spirit" of California through "vivid prints and streamlined silhouettes". I am all for Afrocentricity and boldness so I immediately fell in love with their collections. In particular, their Resort 2014 collection caught my eye. The mix of print and patterns as well as the lightness of the fabrics. The inspiration for the collection is Cuba for its tropical landscape and its reminiscence with African heritage. The prints represent the richness of the culture in Cuba, the festivals and dancers. There is just too much that is to be said for this collection but it works as a whole; the vividness of the graphics as well as the simple silhouettes.  And can we just talk about the model's hair and make-up? Too doe for. Now I can't wait to rock my afro again. This collection has inspired to bring the colour back into my Winter wardrobe. Hope you love it as much as I do. Here are my favourite picks from the Resort 2014 collection.
                                                  



xx

No comments:

Post a Comment