Friday 10 May 2013

MET Gala 2013

Year of the punk

So for those of you like me who could only get a late dose of Met gala fashion, you must be as pleasantly surprised as I am at the number of amazing looks. It was particularly difficult to single out a particular favourite but the standouts were Nicole Richie leading the pack and Solange Knowles. Just as well of them have been getting a lot of media attention for their daring fashion sense. The overall theme for the night was "Punk: Chaos to Couture" and most of the ladies went out of their way to be showstoppers. I love that people have begun to take even greater risks with the clothes they wear. after all, it is fashion and what greater way to express who you are then through the clothes you wear. Designers have also been stepping it up in a big way in terms of how far they are willing to go beyond their design aesthetic to make their consumers look amazing. I'm all for pushing the envelope but also maintaining an amount of class while doing so. Although most people can argue that going overboard can lead to a train-smash, I think that there is a beauty that can be found in every strange outfit, it's all about artistic expression.  I'm not particularly obsessed with labels/designers but I must say I love what Kenzo and Burberry fashion houses have been creating lately. Print and structure are all the rage. You got to love something that's so daring it's almost perfect.

I skimmed through all the looks, yes all of them to bring you a few of my favourites. Enjoy :) 
Anne Hathaway- Valentino
Cameron Diaz- Valentino
Sarah Jessica Parker- Giles Deacon
Miranda Kerr- Michael Kors
Carla De Levigne- Burberry
Solange Knowles- Kenzo

Miley Cyrus- Marc Jacobs


Nicole Richie- Top Shop Couture
Sienna Miller- Burberry
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment